Businesses with headquarters in Georgia—including 15 Fortune 500 headquarters and 32 Fortune 1000 companies—can lower their cost of production, grow their skilled workforce, optimize access to the world’s top business markets, and improve their bottom line.
Companies with headquarters in Georgia are able to leverage the second lowest union membership rate in the country. They can also combine economical access to an advanced transportation and logistics infrastructure, quality lifestyle, low cost of living that leads the nation in attracting highly-educated 25-34 year olds, and a world-class R&D-driven university and technical college system. These benefits enable businesses to achieve competitive advantages in workforce, logistics and innovation, while focusing on the primary business of maximizing profits.
In addition, a “Single Factor Gross Receipts” apportionment tax formula treats a headquarters’ gross receipts—or sales in Georgia—as the only relevant factor in determining a company’s income subject to tax. Combined with a low corporate income tax rate of six percent, low unemployment insurance rate, and a low Franchise Tax maximum of $5,000 annually, companies with headquarters in Georgia can significantly lower their tax burden.
Businesses with headquarters in Georgia can:
- Mitigate business risk with Georgia’s AAA bond rating
- Connect to the intellectual resources of Georgia's 35 public college and universities to the state's business community in innovative ways through Georgia's Intellectual Capital Partnership Program (ICAPP).
- Reach 80 percent of the U.S. market within a two-hour flight from the world’s busiest, most efficient airport
- Gain access to booming consumer and business markets as Metro Atlanta continues to lead the nation in population growth
- Drive business innovations and speed commercialization with the help of the Georgia Centers of Innovation
- Join a burgeoning business community of 3,500 international businesses that are supported by 650,000 foreign-born residents in a global-minded business culture with a distinct international profile
GEORGIA'S FORTUNE 500
- Home Depot
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Delta Air Lines
- Southern Company
- Genuine Parts
- First Data
- SunTrust Banks
- Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Newell Rubbermaid
- Mohawk Industries
- Rock Tenn