Tourism can drive significant business growth and increase revenue for companies operating in Georgia. A $51.2 billion industry for the state, the gem of the south enjoys a proven, commercial appeal of southern sensibilities and modern possibilities. Plus, Georgia’s business-friendly climate that is home to 14 Fortune 500 headquarters enables companies beginning business or expanding business in Georgia to drive profits with less risk.
With metro Atlanta’s booming population leading the country, world-class attractions, easy access to swelling consumer markets, smart tax incentives, moderate climate, long travel season, and the top-ranked airport and highway system in the nation, tourism-related companies are able to leverage Georgia’s powerful attraction for in-state and out-of-state visitors to increase sales.
EASY ACCESS TO THE BEST OF GEORGIA
Visitors to Georgia’s tourism destinations have easy access to an advanced transportation infrastructure that is unrivaled anywhere else in the country. Georgia’s top-ranked roads put visitors in reach of nearly limitless tourism opportunities in metro Atlanta and throughout the state, including unparalleled cuisine, professional sports teams, mountains, beaches, canyons, waterfalls, parks, forests, vineyards, and much more.
Businesses in Georgia’s tourism industry can:
- Ensure high consumer and business traffic by positioning themselves at the crossroads of north-south and east-west travel in North America
- Lower operating costs with electrical power costs well below the national average
- Establish operations in a proven consumer and business market that generates a strong and steady flow of in-state, out-of-state, and international tourism visits, as well as global commerce visits
- Apply for a Tourism Product Development grant and gain access to other sources of tourism grants
- Rely on the world’s busiest and most efficient passenger airport, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, to deliver visitors
- Utilize nine Regional Tourism Project Managers who serve as liaisons between and offer assistance to communities and businesses in the tourism industry
- Distribute marketing materials at 11 Visitor Information Centers around the state which draw 12 million visitors per year
- Post special offers on the state’s tourism website ExploreGeorgia.org and the mobile travel guide
- Promote your destination or service through the Georgia Travel Guide, Calendar of Events, Group Tour Planner, 1-800 VISIT GA, ExploreGeorgia.org, mobile travel guide, press releases, domestic and international trade shows, state-wide advertising campaigns, e-newsletters and more